Other than the fact that the Yarn Harlot is Canadian and awesome, and the radio stations I listen to are all Canadian, and they watch HOCKEY and are SO EXCITED ABOUT IT, and movies like Strange Brew and the fact that most of the natives actually say “eh” and “aboot” and they have some seriously awesome Chinese food in Vancouver and have MOUNTIES and Tim Horton’s and Anne of Green Gables and OMG POUTINE** and did I say I love Canada?
Rumor has it that Frito Lay US is pulling their compostable Sun Chips bag (for all but the original flavor) because people are bitching it’s too loud.
Yup, that’s right. PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY TAKING THE TIME TO COMPLAIN THAT THE CHIP BAG IS TOO LOUD.
I’m completely flabbergasted that people take the time to do this, but I guess it’s just a lesson to never underestimate the bond between people and their junk food.
However, it appears as though Frito Lay Canada has a good sense of humor and is sticking to their guns, offering free earplugs to those who want to be environmental, but still have some aural issues with the bag 🙂
**Does anyone know of a GOOD vegan poutine alternative?
- Frito-Lay Cancels Louder-Than-Combat-Jets Snack Bags [Green] (gizmodo.com)
- SunChips bag not too noisy for Canadians (grist.org)
- Canadians Care About the Earth, Not Noisy SunChips Bags (food.change.org)
- Frito-Lay to Cease Using Loud Biodegradable SunChips Bag (shoppingblog.com)
- More Noise About SunChips Ditching Compostable Bags (food.change.org)
- SunChips drops green packaging (greenreview.blogspot.com)