So I’ve applied to be a Mamavation mom (check out my video here) and I’ve been taking part in the “hazing” like it’s my job.
Because it kind of is.
To be clear…by hazing, I do not mean that Bookieboo and crew are circling fat parts of me while I stand on a table in my underpants in front of the whole sorority, or making me drink endless amounts of alcohol until I pass out.
I mean the GOOD kind. I’m doing jumping jacks and pushups and drinking water and eating healthy and doing basically whatever they tell me to.
And I LOVE IT.
I never thought I would have said that…but the “sitting on my butt watching television all the time” thing wasn’t really going well for me. I was so tired all the time, and I was sick a lot and I was eating nothing but expensive fast food and I was smoking….ugh. I felt horrible.
ANYWAY….so I’ve been working on this for almost 3 weeks now? And I’ve been rocking it. Was able to not HAVE to take a nap for the last four days, and was able to play with the kids at the play area at the mall and went for a long walk with Chef and Chuck today….I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER.
ETA: I totally have not weighed myself. Since the doc’s office, almost 2 weeks ago. I should get on that, but I’m afraid my scale is different than the doc’s scale….I’m sucking it up later today😉
SO! Goals for this week?
- Keep not smoking. Have been completely smoke free for a week. The smell of cigarette smoke is not tempting me at all right now….in fact it stinks. Chef has even been inspired to work on quitting…I just found his secret stash of Nicotine patches he’s been using🙂
- More water. I have been falling down on this one. BUT!! I have had ONE CAN OF COKE in a WEEK, so I’m pretty freaking proud of myself.
- Ignore the junk food. I had a Cinnabon yesterday. I’m totally not proud of that. I don’t have any excuses. But it was totally not delicious. Other than that, have not had fast food in 9 days.
- Move. With the hazing, this is not hard for me. I get a twice-daily reminder to get up and go, and they tell me what to do. I’ve also been walking or yoga-ing or whatever strikes my fancy in addition…FEELING THE BURN.
- NEW – Stop late night binging. This is a HUGE issue with me. I am not hungry, I just get bored after the baby goes to sleep, so for some reason, I feel the need to eat. I recognized this last night and had a banana and that was it. So that’s a step in the right direction.
Mamavation Question of the week: What time of day works best for you to be active? How do you make sure you stick to those planned workouts?
With such an erratic small person in the house, I try not to make any PLANS. I’ve been getting in the majority of my exercise in the morning, so I don’t put it off until after she goes to bed, because then I’m too tired.
Although…now that I think of it, exercising during her nap might make the most sense.🙂
And now, because you made it all the way to the end of my post, a video with the best use of a treadmill. (Other than running on it.)
This post is sponsored by SEARS FitStudio and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway hosted by Mamavation and sponsored by Sears.