UPDATE 8:18 pm – I am now officially a Mamavation Mom :) Thanks to everyone who voted for me, posted pleas on their Facebook or Twitter for me, and especially to my partner in crime, Lethal.
Which is not her real name, of course. :)
This post is really hard for me to write (mostly because of the photos). So if you actually KNOW me in “real life”, and you’d like to continue your perception of me as-is and not scarred by the craziest “Before” pictures EVER, then I would suggest that you go read Ali’s blog…especially if you haven’t before.
So I watched Inception last night. And about 1:45 into the movie, I started losing it. I have no idea why, but the floating and the (SPOILER ALERT) “IS IT A DREAM??” and the fall and….I think I was thinking too much and I was all torqued up already about the results of the Mamavation Mom contest….
I had to cover my eyes for about 3 minutes. Yes, I am aware this may make me weird.
I’m just glad we didn’t go see it in the theatres, or my brain would have fallen out of my head, or something equally terrifying.
ANYWAY! So there’s a scene where the world is moving around and the guy is running around trying to keep up with the movement, and I feel like that’s what I’m doing this week.
My world is moving really fast and I’m just frantically trying to make sure that I stay upright so I don’t fall down, or run into walls. Lots of changes this week and I’m maneuvering so I can keep track of all of them, make sure the kids are fed and still fit in my workouts, which have been leaving my muscles SCREAMING.
SO! Without further ado, here are my “before” measurements & photos for either Move it or Lose it, or the Mamavation Mom campaign. (I won’t know until tonight …by 7pm PST! Watch my twitter feed around then if you’d like to know :) ) You can find the photos *after* the jump….
I apologize in advance if this shows up in an odd layout on your computer…..
- I am uber-thrilled that I am down a full pound from last week’s weigh-in. I had a mini-panic attack on Thursday that I had GAINED THREE POUNDS after working so hard with the weights and the running and such….then I realized that some girls do that every month. I think women just pass the same 5 pounds around during that time.
- I took some nasty “before” images this morning. I looked haggard and
the bikini I was trying to shove myself into was disappearing into various rolls on my body. I don’t need pr0n on this blog, thankyewverymuch. So I deleted those and changed into the sports bra and the sparkly booty shorts.
- My goal is to make those sparkly shorts so large in comparison to me that I CAN’T wear them for my “after” photo, or they’ll fall down :)
- I’m heading to boot camp tomorrow morning. No excuses, no “ugh, but it’s SO EARLY”….nothing. I’m going. Mostly because I need a bigger kick in the butt, but my derby girls will be there and have been bugging me to come too :)
- I am kicking butt on the water-drinking. I always have a bottle with me
(or obtain one, if I didn’t bring one) and I take a big swig whenever I think about it. And then I take another drink.
- No fast food. This has been huge for me. I went out with some friends for shenanigans a few days ago, and REALLY WANTED to stop for french fries. And I totally didn’t. I feel like I should throw myself a party.
- I am looking at these photos, and think maybe I should put one in my wallet right next to my debit card so if I go to grab the card to pay for fast food, I will stop myself. Or maybe I’ll just post them in the kitchen. Or by my workout bench.
- I took measurements. I’m a former “36-23-40” kind of girl. Tiny waist, and junk in the trunk. Now I’m pretty sure there’s junk everywhere. It’s not so bad when it’s covered by clothing, but staring me in the face in these pictures, I’m kind of shocked that I allowed myself to get here! I’m glad I have Mamavation, I’ll tell you that much.
- Bust – 43 1/2″
- Waist – 42″
- Hips – 51″
- Right thigh – 33″
- Left thigh – 32-1/2″
- Right arm – 15″
- Left arm – 15-1/2″
I hope all of this didn’t scare you away, especially to the new readers.
Just a note: I’ve opened the giveaway to run through for another 4 hours…so if you voted for me and haven’t entered, please head over here and do so ASAP!
Happy Monday everyone!